Re: RE : mod_auth_pgsql & encryption - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Network Administrator
Subject Re: RE : mod_auth_pgsql & encryption
Date
List pgsql-general
Quoting Bruno BAGUETTE <pgsql-ml@baguette.net>:

> > I'm personally using mod_auth_pgsql against a user table with
> > encrypted passwords.  To properly encrypt them I am using the
> > contrib pgcrypto module and something like
>
> Hello,
>
> Can you tell me what version of mod_auth_pgsql do you use ? And the
> Apache version ?
>
> I'm currently having problems with mod_auth_pgsql 2.0.1 that causes a
> PostgreSQL denial of service (max connection is reached because
> mod_auth_pgsql don't close the backend connection).
>
> Thanks in advance.

This is slightly off the topic but in regards to using encrypted passwords.  How
does one "recover" the password in the database if at all?  I think I might be
under the false pretense that the encryption is similar to a modern *nix
password file.  Thanks.

--
Keith C. Perry
Director of Networks & Applications