Re: populate table with large csv file - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ron Johnson
Subject Re: populate table with large csv file
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 06:58, Dave [Hawk-Systems] wrote:
[snip]
> Unfortunately processing the 143mb file which would result in a database size of
> approx 500mb takes an eternity.  As luck would have it we can get away with just

Something's not right, then.  I loaded 30GB in about 8 hours, on
a slow system, with non-optimized IO.  Did you drop the indexes
first?

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"As the night fall does not come at once, neither does
oppression. It is in such twilight that we must all be aware of
change in the air - however slight - lest we become unwitting
victims of the darkness."
Justice William O. Douglas