Re: Regression test for stats collector - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: Regression test for stats collector
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 11:58, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Uh, how do you force the  stats collector to 'on' before the test is
> run?

The stats collector is on by default (of course, that doesn't apply to
"make installcheck"...)

But this reminds me: I think it would be cool to extend the language we
use for writing regression tests to be more than mere SQL. We could do
with boolean expressions ("IF stats_collector_is_on THEN run_test ELSE
skip_test"), better control over parallel regression tests ("Run all
possible interleavings of tests X, Y, and Z"; "Run X and Y
simultaneously"; etc.), and more.

-Neil