Re: JBoss w/int8 primary keys in postgres ... - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Dave Cramer
Subject Re: JBoss w/int8 primary keys in postgres ...
List pgsql-jdbc
There are perfectly valid reasons why postgres uses a sequence scan as
opposed to an index scan.

That being said, the reason I asked if you had vacuumed the database
lately is that that is the only way to update the planner statistics.

So please vacuum analyze the entire db, if it then doesn't use an index
scan you can try disabling sequence scans in the configuration file.

Dave

--
Dave Cramer <Dave@micro-automation.net>