Postgresql java and blobs - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Nicolas Modrzyk
Subject Postgresql java and blobs
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Bonjour !

Am part of the c-jdbc clustered databases project:
http://c-jdbc.objectweb.org/index.html

and would like to build a driver on top of the pg7*.jar driver for the
postgresql database for clustering.

The idea is to feed in a blob in the database and then retrieve it and
check its validity ( no escape characters for instance )

At the moment I am using the BIT VARYING type for storing the blob as
other types return to me an
"invalid type exception should be [TYPE] but expression is of type bit
The driver though fails with (No class found for varbit)
No class found for varbit
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Connection.getObject(AbstractJdbc1Connection.java:693)
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Connection.getObject(AbstractJdbc2Connection.java:117)
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.getObject(AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.java:147)
        at
org.objectweb.cjdbc.controller.requestmanager.RequestManager.buildCJDBCResultSet(RequestManager.java:951)
        at
org.objectweb.cjdbc.controller.requestmanager.RequestManager.execReadRequest(RequestManager.java:400)
        at
org.objectweb.cjdbc.controller.virtualdatabase.VirtualDatabase.execReadRequest(VirtualDatabase.java:487)
        at
org.objectweb.cjdbc.controller.virtualdatabase.VirtualDatabaseWorkerThread.run(VirtualDatabaseWorkerThread.java:271)

it seems the cast made for blob is not properly made or I am mistaking ?

The code works fine for other databases, but I am stuck in here.

Help ?

Niko