Re: Fast Table Replication / Mirroring - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ron Johnson
Subject Re: Fast Table Replication / Mirroring
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 22:49, Alex wrote:
> Hi,
> I saw some replication projects but think this might be an overkill for
> my intentions.
>
> I have two databases, Primary / Secondary where the Secondary is
> readyonly for
> users. I need to mirror tables when changes occur on that table. That
> may happen a few times a day.
> Tables are in the area of  few 100k records.
>
> A) Is there an easy way to copy the data from Primary to Secondary
>      Can this be triggered by updates on the primary table ?
>
> B) Is there a fast way to check if table A on Primary and Secondary
> server are in Sync?
>      Not number of records but contents.

If changes only happens a couple of times a day, and the table only
have a few hundred thousand rows in them, why not dump the tables
every few hours and load them into the Secondary DB?

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"they love our milk and honey, but preach about another way of living"
Merle Haggard, "The Fighting Side Of Me"