Re: Buglist - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bo Lorentsen
Subject Re: Buglist
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 14:31, Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
> Well, you could look at release notes. That contains lot of information. Of
> course archives of pgsql-bugs and pgsql-patches are the ultimate unless you
> plan to delve into CVS history and sources..
Ok, I just liked to find something like bugzilla, or an explanation to
how bugs are garantied to be visible. My boos like to compare this to
the Mysql model found on : http://bugs.mysql.com/bugstats

> Check this.. http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/ANSI_diff_Transactions.html
Hmm, it sound like they have transactions on OmniDB tables, but these
are really slow, and therefor they put much energy into advetising for
the MyISAM files (non transactional). Or, am I missing something.

> To me, it seems that their definition of transaction is limited to preventing
> two guys writing to same row simaltenously, which is of course a limited view
> of things.
This sounds like there MyISAM tables, or ???

> Few major differences I can see right here. Correct me on mysql side.
>
> - WAL log
> - Transactabl DDLs
Yes and lets add :
- subselects
- plperl, plsql, plpython, plXXX

> - Nested transactions coming soon to PG
> - PITR coming soon to PG
Not good for argumenting with my boss about future :-)

> I would love to see entire checklist but don't have any time to devote to
> mysql.
I do understand, and its no pleasure either :-)

/BL