Re: a: queries across databases b: plperl - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Nabil Sayegh
Subject Re: a: queries across databases b: plperl
Date
List pgsql-novice
Am Son, 2003-08-17 um 22.10 schrieb Wayne M. Syvinski:

> A.  I read in one of my PostgreSQL books that you cannot execute queries
> across databases.  What I have are several lookup tables that I need to

If you really _have_ to query across databases, you could use dblink
(it's in the contribs).

If the databases are on the same machine, you should merge them together
in one big databse.
With SCHEMA you can have multiple 'virtual' databases in one db.
All have their own namespace, so every SCHEMA can have tables with the
same tablenames as other SCHEMA.
With SCHEMA you can have REFERENTIAL INTEGRITY across the 'virtual
databases' and other goodies :)

> Any help is greatly appreciated

done

--