Upgrading from 7.1.3 to 7.2.3 - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Jodie
Subject Upgrading from 7.1.3 to 7.2.3
Date
List pgsql-novice
I am trying to upgrade from 7.1.3-4bp.2 to 7.2.3-5.80.  I have completed
the pg_dumpall > dump_file successfully on the old server.  However, I
am having trouble inserting the information into the new server. I am
using psql -f dump_file template1.  It complains about the userid.
"user id must be positive"  The root userid is 0.  Has this changed from
version to version?  Also, it later complains of an authentication
failure for one of the other users.  When I ran psql if db.out
template1, it seems to have only complained about the userid for root,
so it looks like this second user was created.  Perhaps this problem is
being caused by the fact that the root user could not be created.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
--
Jodie E Crouch III