Re: Monthly table partitioning for fast purges? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ron Johnson
Subject Re: Monthly table partitioning for fast purges?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 09:02, Benjamin Jury wrote:
> You could create an index on the function date(), which strips the time
> information.

How much of a hit would there be if he had separate "monthly tables"
and UNIONed them?

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net             |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                              |
| "I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian  |
|  because I hate vegetables!"                                    |
|    unknown                                                      |