Re: Inheritance & multiple-value fields - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ron Johnson
Subject Re: Inheritance & multiple-value fields
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, 2003-08-02 at 18:55, Vernon Smith wrote:
> Thanks for your input, Ron.
>
> My question, however, is addressed to PG only since this is PG
> mailing list. I have no interest to buy another DB product at
> this moment.

You asked about "multi-valued field table".  That looks like a
construct that is against the "rules" of relational database
design.  So, since PG doesn't support that feature, I told you about
a product that does do multi-valued fields.  What's the problem?
I was being helpful.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net             |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                              |
| "I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian  |
|  because I hate vegetables!"                                    |
|    unknown                                                      |