Re: Recursive request ... - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Rod Taylor
Subject Re: Recursive request ...
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Wed, 2003-07-09 at 15:27, Benoît Bournon wrote:
> I have to make a function that returns a tree with title and link of a
> table.
>
> Recursively, a information depends on a parent information.
>
> It is to organise a menu with parent dependance.
>
> How is it possible and faster  ? in C ? pl/pgsql or other ?

If your only concern is speed, go with a C function. This (however) can
make backing up / restoring the database to a different machine a little
bit cumbersome.  You need to be sure to install the modules on the other
box manually prior to restoring the database itself.