Re: [NOVICE] jobs mailling list: - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: [NOVICE] jobs mailling list:
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, 2003-07-01 at 08:22, Rudi Starcevic wrote:
> Maybe an email list is the go.
>
> Perhaps the web site stuff is best left to the big Job sites out there ?
>
> I don't mind too much either way.

The mailing list idea seems to meet most of our criteria:

archived and searchable (google,archives,fts)
language independent
all postings are dated
anyone can sign up who wants
requires very little development/maintenance

this isn't to say we wouldn't mind a more complex solution, but as
Richard pointed out, it seems unlikely that we'll get overloaded with
jobs using the above method (unfortunately).

> One things for sure though I would like to see more Postgresql jobs
> on offer.
> PG is just so outstanding and can offer solutions for so many problems.

yep

Robert Treat