Re: Patch for adding DATACUBE operator - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Rod Taylor
Subject Re: Patch for adding DATACUBE operator
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Moving to pgsql-hackers@

On Mon, 2003-06-30 at 12:03, sumit wrote:
>     Thanks for letting know. Could you also let me know the exact
> syntax, I mean, we are not sure whether GROUP BY CUBE(...) is followed by
> a HAVING clause. Kindly inform us soon so that we can make the changes and
> send you the updated patch and files.

Sources of the SQL Spec
http://developer.postgresql.org/readtext.php?src/FAQ/FAQ_DEV.html+Developers-FAQ#1.12

The relevent syntax appears to be in section 7.9, and is a part of the
GROUP BY clause, so is potentially followed by a HAVING clause.
        7.9  <group by clause>
        Function
        Specify a grouped table derived by the application of the
<group by        clause> to the result of the previously specified clause.
        Format
        <group by clause> ::=             GROUP BY <grouping specification>
<right paren>

paren>

paren>
          | <grand total>