Re: src/bin/psql/input.c - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Rod Taylor
Subject Re: src/bin/psql/input.c
Date
Re: src/bin/psql/input.c  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
On Wed, 2003-06-25 at 11:26, Tom Lane wrote:
> Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca> writes:
> > It seems that readline() on my system (FreeBSD 4.8) isn't declared to
> > take the prompt as a const.  Thus, remove const from gets_interactive()
> > to remove the warning.
>
> I think it would be a lot cleaner to just put a cast to char * into the
> readline call (with a note about why).

Ok.. that works.

I must say it's a little strange being able to take a constant and say
its no longer constant anymore -- but I suppose it's no different than
defining then undefining pre-processor constants.

--
Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca>

PGP Key: http://www.rbt.ca/rbtpub.asc

Attachment