Re: how to determine array size - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Rod Taylor
Subject Re: how to determine array size
Date
List pgsql-sql
> Is pg_get_constraintdef() documented somewhere?  I'd like to know it's
> arguments, return format, and whether it will be supported in future
> postgres releases.

Support for it will improve, and it'll be around for a few releases
anyway.

> >From what I see in pg_dump.c, it appears to accept an oid from the
> pg_constraint table, and only work with foreign key constraints.
> True?  That might be useful in some special-case code, but I really
> want a method that will work with all types of constraint.  (The idea

The other types of constraints have been added in 7.4.  In fact, it's
the only way to fetch an accurate CHECK constraint in 7.4.

Miscellaneous functions are documented at:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/view.php?version=7.3&idoc=1&file=functions-misc.html

--
Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca>

PGP Key: http://www.rbt.ca/rbtpub.asc