Re: are views typically any faster/slower than equivilent joins? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Rod Taylor
Subject Re: are views typically any faster/slower than equivilent joins?
Date
List pgsql-performance
> Would my query performance be significantly faster/slower using a View as
> opposed to a prepared query using join?

I missed this part.  Views and prepared queries are not the same time.
Use of a view still needs to be optimized.

Prepared queries will run the optimization portion on the entire query
including the view segments of it.  Think of a view as a MACRO.
Depending on the context of what surrounds it, the view may be executed
very differently.

--
Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca>

PGP Key: http://www.rbt.ca/rbtpub.asc