Re: Re-Create Table make Faster. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Re-Create Table make Faster.
Date
List pgsql-general
Sounds like you need to read up on the vacuum command. Your table
probably had a lot of dead tuples which were eliminated by a
drop/recreate.

See:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/view.php?version=7.3&idoc=1&file=routine-vacuuming.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/view.php?version=7.3&idoc=1&file=sql-vacuum.html