Re: SELECT across multiple db - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Nabil Sayegh
Subject Re: SELECT across multiple db
Date
List pgsql-novice
Am Die, 2003-05-20 um 14.38 schrieb Chris Boget:
> > It's not exactly what I was looking for, because I wanted to do 1 query
> > across many databases and the results put together and sorted etc.
> > But with the keyword 'dblink' and google I found out that what I really
> > wanted is: SCHEMA :)
>
> Could you elaborate on the above?  How does schema help you with
> doing queries across different databases?

Not really between multiple databases, but in my case, all the dbs
reside on the same host and thatway I can just create 1 db for all of
them and put the former dbs as schemas in this 1 db.

From there you can REFERENCE, JOIN, etc. across these 'multiple dbs'.

If you'd like an example I can mail it to you.

If you cant put your dbs together (e.g. different hosts) you probably
should look into contrib/dblink as Joe stated.

cu
--
 e-Trolley Sayegh & John, Nabil Sayegh
 Tel.: 0700 etrolley /// 0700 38765539