SELECT across multiple db - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Nabil Sayegh
Subject SELECT across multiple db
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi all,

AFAIR this is not possible in standard SQL, but then I found this topic
linked from 'PostgreSQL Todo List':

http://candle.pha.pa.us/mhonarc/todo.detail/crossdb/msg00000.html
It's about 'Remote connections'. (see bottom)

Unfortunately I need such a feature now for some of my customers.
They have multiple similar Websites (and similar db).
Now they want a meta site that takes parts of the different sites ...

Of course I could open connections to all databases and handle each db
seperately, but in order to GROUP, SORT, UNION etc, it would be much
much much more handy do have such a crossdb feature.

As the post was from Dec 2001, perhaps it's already implemented ?
(Read Acess would be enough, no need for transactions)

--
 e-Trolley Sayegh & John, Nabil Sayegh
 Tel.: 0700 etrolley /// 0700 38765539