Re: merge-join for domain with underlying type text - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Rod Taylor
Subject Re: merge-join for domain with underlying type text
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Sat, 2003-05-10 at 17:04, Randall Lucas wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> If I have a domain defined with an underlying type of "text" or
> "varchar," and I need to FULL OUTER JOIN two tables based upon the
> similarity in these fields, I am getting:

Seems it works perfectly fine with integers and text based domains on
7.3 and 7.4.  Do you have a full failing example?

junk=# create domain int as integer;
CREATE DOMAIN
junk=# create table a (col1 int);
CREATE TABLE
junk=# create table b (col1 int);
CREATE TABLE
junk=# select * from a full outer join b using (col1);col1
------
(0 rows)
junk=# select version();                               version
compiledby GCC 2.95.4
(1 row)

--
Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca>