Re: Crash during WAL recovery? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Crash during WAL recovery?
Date
Re: Crash during WAL recovery?  (Don Baccus <dhogaza@pacifier.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
>> Is there any particular reason the spelling and punctuation in the code
>> snippet below is so bad?

> Vadim's Russian.  This impacts his english but not his ability to implement
> complex features like MVCC and WAL :)

As someone who can't speak anything but English worth a damn (even
though I was raised in Spanish-speaking countries, so you'd think
I'd have acquired at least one clue), I have long since learned not
to criticize the English of non-native speakers.  Many of the
participants in this project are doing far better than I would if
the tables were turned.  So, I fix grammatical and spelling errors
if I have another reason to be editing some piece of documentation,
but I never hold it against the original author.

More generally, a lot of the PG documentation could use the attention
of a professional copy editor --- and I'm sad to say that the parts
contributed by native English speakers aren't necessarily any cleaner
than the parts contributed by those who are not.  If you have the
time and energy to submit corrections, please fall to!