Re: Upgrade to Red Hat Linux 9 broke PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Network Administrator
Subject Re: Upgrade to Red Hat Linux 9 broke PostgreSQL
Date
Re: Upgrade to Red Hat Linux 9 broke PostgreSQL  (Tony Grant <tony@tgds.net>)
Re: Upgrade to Red Hat Linux 9 broke PostgreSQL  (Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org>)
List pgsql-general
When you say "forces upgrades" what do you mean?

I might do things differently- I download the tarball, compile, dump and restore
my system.  I've never have Postgres **not** compile on my Slackware boxes but
I've had **tons** of issues with RPM disto's (I've consulted on RedHat &
Mandrake personally) with even smaller packages things so I don't use it much.

Seems to me you should **always** be able to compile software.

-$0.02

--
Keith C. Perry
Director of Networks & Applications