Re: Are we losing momentum? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ericson Smith
Subject Re: Are we losing momentum?
List pgsql-general
As one of the top search engine campaign optimization companies in the
space, we here at Did-it.com have been using Postgresql for over a year
now. We had serious locking problems with MySQL and even switching to
their Innodb handler did not solve all the issues.

As the DB administrator, I recommended we switch when it came time to
re-write our client platform. That we did, and we have not looked back.
We have millions of listings, keywords and we perform live visitor
tracking in our database. We capture on the order of about 1 million
visitors every day, with each hit making updates, selects and possibly
inserts.

We could not have done this in mySQL. Basically when I see silly posts
over on Slashdot about MySQL being as good a sliced bread, you can check
out the debunking posts that I make as "esconsult1".

Yes, perhaps Postgresql needs a central org that manages press and so
on, but we know that we dont get the press that MySQL does, but quietly
in the background Postgresql is handling large important things.

- Ericson Smith
Web Developer
Db Admin
http://www.did-it.com