Re: How can I get a column INT4 to be UNSIGNED ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ron Johnson
Subject Re: How can I get a column INT4 to be UNSIGNED ?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 2003-04-11 at 16:09, Dennis Gearon wrote:
> If he wants the full range of an INT4 unsigned,  he needs to go to INT8 with the
> constraint you mentioned. The underlying col type of INT4 only supports HALF of
> the range of an INT4 unsigned, in the positive domain, that is.

When domains allow CHECK constraints, that would be simplified, wouldn't
it?

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net           |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson   |
| "A C program is like a fast dance on a newly waxed dance floor |
|  by people carrying razors."                                   |
|      Waldi Ravens                                              |