Re: OOo config for postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tony Grant
Subject Re: OOo config for postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 2003-04-10 at 19:41, P.J. "Josh" Rovero wrote:

> If I'm the only person who asks, reply via email.  If lots
> of folks ask, reply on the list.
>
> Can you give details of how you set up OOo to work with pgsql?

I'll save my breath and do it now =:-D

Mac OS X 10.2.4, Apple JDK 1.4, PostgreSQL 7.3.x

In the "tools" menu set up the datasource connection just like any other
JDBC connection: org.postgresql.Driver, jdbc:postgresql..... etc

click on apply then close the dialog

Put the postgresql.jar somewhere the JDK can find it
(/System/Library/Java/Extensions may work, the machine is 11km from
here...) or if you are running postgreSQL on the local machine point to
that .jar (this is how my home server is set up).

In the OOo "Options..." menu open "Security" and at the bottom insert
the path to the JDBC .jar

Put this javarc in <path to OOo>/user/config

[Install]
ExcludeVersion=1.1.7b 1.1.7B 1.1.8 1.2.2
AdditionalClasspath=
VerifiedVersion=1.3.1 1.3.1_02 1.4.1
RequiredVersion=1.4.1
InstallationPath=.

[Java]
Home=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Home
VMType=jdk
Version=1.4.1
RuntimeLib=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/JavaVM
JavaLibPath=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Libraries
SystemClasspath=/usr/local/java
Java=1
JavaScript=1
Applets=1

Quit OOo and restart - if all goes well when you open your data source
connection you will see the tables of your chosen database.

If this doesn't work burn candles, sacrifice goat etc...

Cheers

Tony Grant
--
www.tgds.net Library management software toolkit,