Re: Postgres Replication Project - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Postgres Replication Project
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 2003-03-27 at 15:58, Martin_Hurst@dom.com wrote:
> Does Postgres have a viable replicate "agent" that is ready for the
> enterprise, just like to MSQLServer, Oracle, Sybase, etc., have?

If by "just like" you mean something that you have to pay money for then
yes, it does have this. Check out some of the postgresql support
companies (pgsql inc. in particular).

> What's the status of this project effort below?
>
> http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pgreplication/projdisplay.php

Well, I'm not a member of the project, but I know it is being talked
about by folks who are involved in that project. IIRC Bruce is doing a
talk/presentation at OSCON this year on replication.

If you do some digging through techdocs.postgresql.org and the mail
archives, you'll find a few other solutions are floating around out
there, some of them are even being used by people. :-)

Robert Treat