Re: pgsql-server/ /configure /configure.in rc/incl ... - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: pgsql-server/ /configure /configure.in rc/incl ...
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Mon, 2003-03-10 at 23:17, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> It would be nice to have this support there, however Tom was correct in
> saying it really only applies to network apps that are handling thousands of
> connections, all really, really fast.  Postgres doesn't.  I say you'd have
> to do the work, then do the benchmarking to see if it makes a difference.

... and if it doesn't make a significant difference, I'd oppose
including it in the mainline source. Performance optimization is one
thing; performance "optimization" that doesn't actually improve
performance is another :-)

Cheers,

Neil