Re: pgsql-server/ /configure /configure.in rc/incl ... - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: pgsql-server/ /configure /configure.in rc/incl ...
Date
List pgsql-committers
> > I would personally be interested in seeing patches ... what would be
> > involved?
>
> Whoa!  Surprisingly, much less than I expected!!!  A small shim would
> have to be put in place to abstract away returning valid file
> descriptors that are ready to be read()/write().  What's really cool,
> is there are only a handful of places that'd have to be updated (as
> far as I can tell):

It would be nice to have this support there, however Tom was correct in
saying it really only applies to network apps that are handling thousands of
connections, all really, really fast.  Postgres doesn't.  I say you'd have
to do the work, then do the benchmarking to see if it makes a difference.

Chris