Re: Roadmap for FE/BE protocol redesign - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Rod Taylor
Subject Re: Roadmap for FE/BE protocol redesign
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> + Not sure where Satoshi is up to with his 2 phase commit proposal, but
> that might make sense to incorporate into a wire protocol revision.
>  From memory he received funding to work on it, so it might be coming
> along nicely.

One should note that his protocol changes had absolutely nothing to do
with 2 phase commits -- but were used as a marker to direct replication.

We may want to consider leaving some space for a server / server style
communication (Cluster ID, etc.)

--
Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca>

PGP Key: http://www.rbt.ca/rbtpub.asc