Re: truncate problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: truncate problem
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 05:20, frank_lupo wrote:
> In 7.2.2 I created a function using the instruction TRUNCATE TABLE inside and it works well.
>
> When I try to call the same function in 7.3.2, I receive the following message:

It was never a good idea to use TRUNCATE inside a function -- you were
living dangerously using it inside one in 7.2. The only change in 7.3
TRUNCATE is no longer allowed.

Note that in current sources (and therefore in 7.4 when it's been
released), Rod Taylor has improved the TRUNCATE implementation to be
transaction-safe, so the restriction has been lifted.

Cheers,

Neil