Re: Best PostgreSQL Tuning Reference - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Arguile
Subject Re: Best PostgreSQL Tuning Reference
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 2003-02-21 at 13:51, Hunter Hillegas wrote:
> What is the best reference out there for tuning PostgreSQL? Looking for a
> Web site or a book that has some info.

Query, Index, Database Tuning:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/aw_pgsql_book/node106.html
http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.3/postgres/performance-tips.html
http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.3/postgres/indexes-examine.html
http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.3/postgres/admin.html

Tuning for your Hardware:
http://www.ca.postgresql.org/docs/momjian/hw_performance/

> Specifically, figuring out where bottlenecks are in a production system and
> the best way to tweak parameters, indices, queries... Obviously it will not
> be specific to my applications but I'm sure I could learn something.

Past the official online documentation and the online books listed on
the main site there are some other good resources.

        * newgroup archives
        * google :)
        * techdocs.postgresql.org