Re: How to drop all the sequences - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: How to drop all the sequences
Date
Re: How to drop all the sequences  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 11:40, Arunachalam Jaisankar wrote:
> I found sequences are not getting dropped when tables are dropped.

SERIAL sequences should automatically be dropped with their
corresponding table in PostgreSQL 7.3.0 and later.

> It is too difficult to drop all sequences one by one manually. Is
> there any command to drop all sequences in a database?

No. You could try iterating through pg_class, picking out the sequence
relations (relkind = 'S') in the right database, and then dropping the
sequences that way.

Cheers,

Neil