Re: Rights for view. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: Rights for view.
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 15:02, Rudy Young wrote:
> Select from view1 will be passed to table1(kinda like a symbolic link),
> so you need
> give user2 access to table1 too.

That is not the case in version 7.3, where user2 will be able to see the
contents of the view but not of the table on which it is based.

(I just verified this by experiment, because it would make granting
permissions on views an almost useless exercise if the problem were
still there.)

> Viacheslav N Tararin wrote:
>
> > Hi.
> > Hext problem:
> > I have table table1 with owner user1;
> > I have view view1 based only on table1 owner user1 too.
> > I have user2 which not own anything.
> > user1 grant rights to select on view1 to user2.
> >
> > Why user2 when try select from view1 get 'table1: permission denied'?

What version is this?

     "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to
      become the sons of God, even to them that believe on
      his name"        John 1:12