Re: location of the configuration files - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Rod Taylor
Subject Re: location of the configuration files
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > binaries (he doesn't necessarily have access to the sources that the
> > binaries were compiled from, which is all that matters here).
>
> No goddammit - /usr/local/etc.  Why can't the Linux community respect
> history!!!!

History?  It's the only way to make a read-only / (enforced by
secure-level) and still be able to change the user applications.

I don't mind /usr/X11R6/etc either, but it's not exactly appropriate for
PostgreSQL ;)

--
Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca>

PGP Key: http://www.rbt.ca/rbtpub.asc