Re: Sorry, to many clients already - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Sorry, to many clients already
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 09:12, cristi wrote:
> When I'm trying to connect I have this error message:
>
> Something unusual has occured to cause the driver to fail.Please report this
> exception: java.sql.SQLException: Sorry, to many clients already.
>

> What should I do?

I might suggest posting to the -jdbc list in case this is something
different, but generally speaking the "too many clients" error means
that your application is attempting to connect to the db and the db is
responding that it already has created the maximum number of connections
that are allowed.  This might be an indication of other problems, but if
you simply want to raise the limit you'll need to modify max_connections
in the postgresql.conf

Robert Treat