Re: Table referenced by OID in a view? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Ron Johnson
Subject Re: Table referenced by OID in a view?
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Fri, 2002-12-20 at 19:33, Tom Lane wrote:
> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> >> I don't know about other commercial RDBMSs, but some have this:
> >> DROP TABLE <foo> CASCADE
>
> > Hmmm.  Not sure this is planned; I personally would not want to *ever* use a
> > "DROP TABLE CASCADE".   Not up to me, though.
>
> It's not "planned", it's already done in 7.3.

Ask, and it shall be given...

It this part of the SQLxx standard?

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| "My advice to you is to get married: If you find a good wife, |
| you will be happy; if not, you will become a philosopher."    |
|    Socrates                                                   |