Re: is insertion and movement times are correlated to - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Rod Taylor
Subject Re: is insertion and movement times are correlated to
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 01:30, Kalle Barck-Holst wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am doing a research project on real time robotics and wanted to have the postgres as a database to save
measurementswe aggregate when running our robots.

> A common operation we do is insertion and movements of measurements within tables. But it seams as if insertion and
movementtimes are correlated to the size of the database. Can this be possible? IE inserting into a large database
takeslonger time than into a small database.

If there are any indexes or constraints, then definitely.  The insert
really doesn't have additional overhead for the size of the DB, but the
work involved for most constraints and indexes do.

--
Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca>

PGP Key: http://www.rbt.ca/rbtpub.asc

Attachment