ALTER TABLE .. SET WITH / WITHOUT OIDS - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Rod Taylor
Subject ALTER TABLE .. SET WITH / WITHOUT OIDS
Date
Re: ALTER TABLE .. SET WITH / WITHOUT OIDS  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
Opted for the syntax in the subject as I didn't think that ADD / DROP
OIDS would work (shift/reduce conflicts), and it matches the CREATE
TABLE oids syntax.

Added and removed the oids column from several inherited tables many
times, while adding and playing with data.  I could not come up with any
issues with insert, select, update, delete statements.  So I'll assume
that the various places reading OIDS are doing the right thing.

Works somewhat like adding / dropping a column with the default of 0.

--
Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca>

PGP Key: http://www.rbt.ca/rbtpub.asc

Attachment