Re: ALTER TABLE .. < ADD | DROP > OIDS - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Rod Taylor
Subject Re: ALTER TABLE .. < ADD | DROP > OIDS
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Fri, 2002-12-06 at 15:19, Tom Lane wrote:
> Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca> writes:
> > I wish to create an alter command which will allow a table to have OIDs
> > added or removed.
>
> > The tricky part appears to be changing the tuples themselves.

> There might be a few places that look at the pg_class.relhasoids
> field where they should be examining the tuple header has-oid bit,
> but I don't think there are many.

Ok.. If you think thats safe, I'll give it a try.  I was afraid that the
system would confuse itself if the table had mix and matched tuples in
it.  New tuples without oids, old tuples with.

That helps DROP OID.  How about ADD OID?

--
Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca>

PGP Key: http://www.rbt.ca/rbtpub.asc

Attachment