Re: Bug #829: 7.3 crashes when trying to set variable to - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: Bug #829: 7.3 crashes when trying to set variable to
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Sun, 2002-12-01 at 17:03, Dustin Sallings wrote:
> Around 16:54 on Dec 1, 2002, Neil Conway said:
>
> # Works for me:
>
>     Well that's unfortunate, it crashes consistently for me.

Heh, ok. I thought my post implied "given the information you've given
me, I can't reproduce the bug, so can you give me some more info?" --
but perhaps I needed to be a little more explicit.

Can you get a backtrace from the core dump left by the backend when it
crashes? The core file should be located in
$PGDATA/base/$oid_of_current_db/ ; if you can recompile PostgreSQL with
debugging symbols (./configure --enable-debug) that should make it
easier to see what's going wrong.

Cheers,

Neil