backhanded compliment from Larry Ellison - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Treat
Subject backhanded compliment from Larry Ellison
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
In a recent article Larry Ellison was discussing "Unbreakable Linux"
(Oracle 9iRAC on Red Hat) where he said that because of the robust
security and reliability of its database, Oracle did not feel threatened
by Open Source databases such as MySQL and Postgres.

He was then quoted as saying "They are a bigger threat to [Microsoft]
SQL Server than Oracle."

Not a ringing endorsement, but I have to agree because I think we beat
sql server hands down. The only thing we don't do is run on windows
natively, but if we get that in 7.4, we should be able to eliminate sql
server from the database market :-)

Full Story:
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydisplay.cfm?storyID=3004965&thesection=technology&thesubsection=general

Robert Treat