Re: selecting the last record from a table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ericson Smith
Subject Re: selecting the last record from a table
List pgsql-general
You might want to get the sequence before you even do the insert...

SELECT nextval('my_sequence') as id

Then do the insert with the sequence and all other operations with the
"id". Sure you might have a few holes in the sequence if you abort an
insert, but this way you dont have to mess with OID's etc.

- Ericson