Re: Unhappy thoughts about pg_dump and objects inherited from template1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Unhappy thoughts about pg_dump and objects inherited from template1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I have also mentioned this on two occasions now, and each has met with
> total silence. I have come to interpret this to mean either (a) the idea is
> too stupid to rate a comment, or (b) go ahead with the proposal.

More like "oof ..."

You're right, it's *a* solution, but it'd involve a lot of tedious work.
It's not just adding a column to all the system tables.  If I interpret
correctly what Mark and Gene are concerned about, it'd also mean
changing the code so that any update to a system-table row would
automatically clear the "I'm a standard item" flag.  That's not just
tedious, it's also the sort of thing that will break because someone
forgets to do it someplace.

I think everyone is keeping quiet until they can think of a better
idea...