JDBC question: Creating new arrays - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joe Tomcat
Subject JDBC question: Creating new arrays
Date
List pgsql-general
It seems that there is a difficulty in JDBC with creating arrays.  I
have an array of ints that I want to store in PG.  If I try code like
this:

int[] intArray = { .... };
PreparedStatement ps = db.prepareStatement(...);
ps.setObject(1, intArray);

it doesn't work.  There is a PreparedStatement.setArray() method, but it
takes a java.sql.Array as an argument, and yet the Array interface
doesn't define any constructors and there doesn't seem to be any factory
for it either!!!!

Help!  What do I do here?  Can I fix this by moving over to the new
javax.sql packages?  Do I need to use some non-portable code?

Thanks!