Re: Permission on insert rules - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Permission on insert rules
Date
List pgsql-sql
This should be a test case for what Luis wants, although it works in
7.2.1 so maybe not. Luis, if this isn't what your trying to do, you'll
need to post some code:

create table parent (id int, name text, misc text);

create view child as select id,name from parent;

create rule jammasterjay as on insert to child do instead insert into
parent values (new.id,new.name);

insert into parent values (1,'one','wahad');
insert into parent values (2,'two','ithnain');
insert into parent values (3,'three','thalata');

select * from parent;
select * from child;

insert into child (4,'four');

select * from parent;