Re: Time manipulation.. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Time manipulation..
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 14:35, Williams, Travis L, NPONS wrote:
> If I have a date/time column using timestamp.. how can I manipulate the date/time easily.. like take the date/time
andadd 7 days to it and get the correct date.. or subtract 5 days.. or anything like that.. I can do it all in perl
(whichI have done in the past).. but I hate dealing with month/year roll overs..

> Travis

Well, you can easily do things like select now() + '7 days'::interval;
or select now() - '5 days'::interval;  and if you need just a part of
the time use the date_part() function. check the docs for more info and
other suggestions.

Robert Treat