[Fwd: [ph-linux-newbie] help on cron] - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Joseph Syjuco
Subject [Fwd: [ph-linux-newbie] help on cron]
Date
List pgsql-php

id like to execute a php file automatically during certain periods of
time so what i did i installed php-cgi (which allows me to execute php
using cmd php <php file>).  Ive finished my php script, tried it and it
worked but when i put it in crontab
* * * * * php /usr/local/apache/htdocs/xxx.php
it didnt work ... it didnt spew any errors ... just did nothing
in order to verify if cron is working properly i added a new entry
* * * * * rm /home/postgres/test.txt
when i inspected the results ... 2nd script worked (rm) but not the php
script
any ideas whats wrong?
path of script is ok and path is working when i execute it in command
line
TIA
joseph