Re: Foreign character struggles - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tony Grant
Subject Re: Foreign character struggles
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Fri, 2002-10-25 at 15:33, Tim Perdue wrote:
> I compiled postgres with --enable-multibyte and --enable-recode, and it
> doesn't appear to help with my problem.

createdb my_db_name -E LATIN1

Worked just fine for me but the client wanted to be able to search with
accents so I turned the to_ascii stuff off. See
www.3continents.com/base_de_donnees.htm and search for "Amnésie" if you
want the english search to work you search for "Amnesia"...

The client wants the user to check spelling...

Before it worked just the way you wanted _but_ I am using a JDBC request
via JSP.

Cheers

Tony Grant

--
www.tgds.net
Library management software toolkit, redhat linux on Sony Vaio C1XD,