Re: MySQL vs PostgreSQL. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Rod Taylor
Subject Re: MySQL vs PostgreSQL.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2002-10-11 at 09:20, Antti Haapala wrote:

> Check out:
>
>   http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/MySQL-PostgreSQL_features.html
>
> MySQL AB compares MySQL with PostgreSQL.

I wouldn't look too far into these at all.  I've tried to get
' " as identifier quote (ANSI SQL) ' corrected on the crash-me pages for
us a couple of times (they say we don't support it for some reason).

I've not looked, but I thought 7.1 supported rename table as well.

Anyway, max table row length was wrong with 7.1 wrong too unless I'm
confused as to what a blob is (is text and varchar a blob -- what about
your own 10Mb fixed length datatype -- how about a huge array of
integers if the previous are considered blobs?)

--  Rod Taylor